Lauren has been starting to sing along here and there to the alphabet song, mainly joining in just for the "abc" part. Yesterday Will was wearing a onsie that said "handsome" on the front, and Lauren was playing with him and then out of the blue pointed to his shirt and said "m, s, o" (while indicating the appropriate letters). John and I were pretty amazed - we didn't know she knew any letters besides "o", and especially without prompting.
In other singing news, Lauren has expanded her repertoire to include "The B-I-B-L-E" complete with actions. She knows a ton of songs all together, but her current favorites are "The Lord's Army", "My God is So Big", and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". Because of "My God is So Big", Lauren has been eating vegetables. One day I put some peas on her plate (I've been putting vegetables on her plate for over a year and asking her to eat them but I always end up throwing them away or eating them myself) and when she asked for more bread I asked her to eat a bite of peas first. I happened to mention that they would make her strong, and she perked up and started saying "strong" and making muscles like she does when we sing the song, and ended up eating all her peas! This was a breakthrough. This continues to work - the other night we had broccoli and she ate all I gave her and asked for more (all the while saying "strong, strong" and making muscles).
In other singing news, Lauren has expanded her repertoire to include "The B-I-B-L-E" complete with actions. She knows a ton of songs all together, but her current favorites are "The Lord's Army", "My God is So Big", and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". Because of "My God is So Big", Lauren has been eating vegetables. One day I put some peas on her plate (I've been putting vegetables on her plate for over a year and asking her to eat them but I always end up throwing them away or eating them myself) and when she asked for more bread I asked her to eat a bite of peas first. I happened to mention that they would make her strong, and she perked up and started saying "strong" and making muscles like she does when we sing the song, and ended up eating all her peas! This was a breakthrough. This continues to work - the other night we had broccoli and she ate all I gave her and asked for more (all the while saying "strong, strong" and making muscles).
No comments:
Post a Comment